Wednesday, April 14, 2010

lovely morning














































good morning! look at how on the ball i am today. it's 11:00 and i'm all dressed and ready to go. this doesn't happen often. i'm usually running super late and rushing to get out the door right now.
i recently bought this dress because i couldn't resist the navy stripes and the the v-neck and little cap sleeves and piping around the edges. so 70s! it's supposed to be super hot today and this dress is going to get me through it.
you are going to see my hair up a lot in the months to come. i can't stand to wear it down because there is just so much of it and it makes me too hot. plus, since i haven't any a/c in my car, i have to roll with the windows down and my hair will blow all in my face and annoy me.
this is gonna be a shorty. i'm sure i'll have loads to talk about tomorrow!
details:
dress-vintage, etsy
shoes-lower east side, ebay
belt-thrifted
clutch-thrifted
headband-my shop!

14 comments:

HelloKorin said...

I love that dress! and I understand about wearing your hair up, mine is so thick and hot I can't leave it down much in the summer, plus I hate having the wind whip my hair in all directions.

Rosie said...

I feel ya on having too much hair. I must resist the urge to chop it off this summer! That dress is fab!

reckless daughter said...

that is a great dress. good find!

Cindy / Aka Chymecindy said...

i love the dress.

Meggstatus said...

It's hard for me to find mom jeans small enough too, but strategic placement of a belt works wonders!

I love this little dress on you, it's perfect for the summer.

Shea Lennon said...

Ooh, I love this dress. I can't get enough stripes right now!

Anonymous said...

The headband is so fantastic on you!! I love your hair up, it looks gorgeous. And the dress is amazing, totally in love with the 70's, you have such a great eye for it!

Anonymous said...

V.cute dress! I Love your pics! The dress reminds me of one i bought recently - will post pics at my blog. Agree about the hair! But could never stand to chop mine off again, i would miss it too much! x

www.leluca.com.au

Amanda said...

Your dress is perfect for the hot weather! And I hear you about the hair...a few years ago, my hair was way down to my belly button and i didn't have AC either! Needless to say, I had to hide the scissors every day to keep me from just chopping it!

brooke said...

amazing! I'm the same, hair up in summer, down in winter! haha. this is a lovely outfit, I can't resist navy either :) xx

ssmall4 said...

That is the cutest dress! It looks so comfy and light. I love the wedges with it, so cute!

Starr Crow said...

no air?! my b/f has done that for 5 years now and i don't know how! i can't stand my hair on the neck either... that arkansas humidity ain't nothing to mess with! love the new dress and the little head scarf.

Avalonne Hall said...

Great dress, great for the spring! I like your hair up, I want long hair so I can put my hair in a high bun! Your wedge sandals look awesome and quite comfortable :)

Emma Fick said...

I love everything about this look! Classic dress, ADORABLE headband.