Friday, August 20, 2010

for the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

sheer
song of the day: 'hair' from the broadway musical
i'm not trying to brag or anything, it's just part of the song :) anyway, i was asked about my hair and how i tame it. well, there are days it cannot be tamed no matter what i do. it can be pretty unruly, wild, and have a mind of its own. but really all i do is wash it with whatever shampoo we have around, stick it up in a towel turban for a bit to soak up the excess water, then put some paul mitchell smoothing super skinny serum in it while still wet and let air dry. if it wasn't for that serum i would not leave the house without it up in a ponytail. that stuff is gold in my opinion. i have very coarse and frizzy hair by nature but that serum makes it manageable. plus, air drying is key. i used to blow dry it and that was the worst thing ever for my hair. it stinks cuz i'm always going places with wet hair, but it's better than the alternative. so there you have it! the secret to my wild, curly/wavy locks.
and i just want you to know, my little kindergartener had a great first day. and so did i :)
sheer
sheer
sheer
details:
blouse-thrifted
skirt-target
shoes-vintage

8 comments:

merl said...

tell you what.. I'll give you some of my limp hair, and you share some of that unruly bounce. Deal? excellent. I had that skirt in white, and let's be clear.. it doesn't work with girls with junk in their trunk... and hips haha. I'm glad your little man had a great first day! Thank god Clyde and Mo don't have to head off to school.. I'd be a wreck.. hahaha

KristiMcMurry said...

Love that skirt!

And I like to air dry too :) My hair feels so much better without all that drying out.

Abi said...

Fab hair and outfit. Love that skirt, such a pretty colour and fabric

Kimberellie said...

Wow kindergarten! Craziness! Glad he had a great first day! Congrats on that!

Also adore this outfit. And I love your hair. I do the exact same thing with mine when it is long and curly. Air drying and serum IS the answer.

eelectroCutee said...

i have wavy hair too.. thx for the info..
your outfit in here is great.. love the skirt.. :)

http://eelectrocuted.blogspot.com/

Woods said...

i love your skirt it soo girly and cute! and i love your wave hair!

C said...

That's exactly how I used to do my hair when it was longer. I'm glad you and your boy had a good first day. You look fantastic in this outfit! I love that shirt, and it looks perfect with the girly skirt!

Anthea said...

Love this outfit! I've never seen one quite like it. The shirt with that skirt is pure genius!