Wednesday, August 18, 2010

i'm writing 'bout the book i read

wides
song of the day: 'the book i read' by the talking heads
sorry for the less than brilliant outfit today. we had rain yesterday and it was a little bit cool (hence the jeans) but the afternoon was back to hot (hence the tank). but even though this outfit isn't all that, i did find a pretty amazing piece at the local thrift!! a YSL blouse for $5!!! what the heck? that never happens to me. but i'm fairly glad it did. i admit i thought someone was playing a joke on me. i mean, YSL in siloam springs?!? especially since there was a sad looking homemade striped dress that was $7.50. i know, crazy.
so the next question i received was about my favorite book. well, my favorite other than the outlander series by diana gabaldon, which if you haven't read them, my stars you need to do it now!! i'm embarrassed to say how many times i've read the first couple books in the series (4 times! ok, maybe i'm not THAT embarrassed). i am in love with jamie and claire. they are like my family. i've even gotten a few others obsessed with the books as well. one of the joys of my life is to get people reading those books. anyway, so my next favorite is 'the time traveler's wife' by audrey niffenegger. if you're looking for some good classics, you should try 'jude the obscure' or 'tess of the d'urbervilles' by thomas hardy. another good book and a super easy read is 'like water for chocolate' by laura esquivel. that's a really good one if you're also into cooking because there are recipes at the beginning of each chapter. i just started anne rice's 'interview with the vampire' last night. i've never read any of her books so i'm excited to get into this one. did you guys know that i have an english degree? yep, i do. totally not using it though. so i'm curious to know if any of you have a favorite book. let me know!
wides
wides
wides
wides
details:
top-thrifted, old navy
jeans-juicy couture
shoes-vintage
bag-thrifted

9 comments:

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

Don't even apologize, because I LOVE this outfit! You're great in jeans, and you look very hippie chic today!
What a great find with that blouse. Can't wait to see it!

Rosie said...

I need some jeans like those! awesome!

Second Skin said...

I don't know if i have a favorite book, but I do have a favorite pair of pants and YOU are wearing them. They kill me every time.

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

Jane Eyre! The greatest love story of all time! I have a degree in English too, and I'm not using it at the moment either. I'm a little sad, I love English, and I miss it a quite a bit.

C said...

I actually do sort of this this outfit is all that. I love the pants! Ah...favorite book is Catcher in the Rye, as cliche as it sounds. Touches me every time I read it, and each time in a different way.

Shea Lennon said...

Hey, thanks for answering my question!! I'll definitely have to try some of your picks! I've heard Time Traveler's Wife is good, it's about time I get around to reading it. You'll have to let me know about Anne Rice--I've never tried her.

Also, I actually love this look--it's got such a great 70s vibe.

Woods said...

hi first time reading your blog! I love this outfit! it's very hippe,chic and simple

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I think this is a great, crisp, vintage-yet-contemporary look!

chelsea lee said...

I'm loving this outfit too. The jeans are ridiculously amazing!

favorite book is definitely To Kill A Mockingbird. My daughter is even named Harper Lee! I also loved the Anne Rice vampire books back in the day but haven't picked them up again. I also have recently loved all the Ender's series by Orson Scott Card. Hard to put down!!