Monday, August 23, 2010

this woman's work

cords
song of the day: 'this woman's work' by kate bush
well, today is milestone number two. six years ago, my life totally changed. at 4:37 am, a precious little boy entered our lives and completed our family. i was exhausted and depleted. everything was very surreal. and i couldn't take my eyes off of him. it's kind of a strange reality to hold on to a person that you and your husband created. a tiny, helpless baby that is 100% reliant on you. i won't lie, it was pretty hard in the beginning. but i can't imagine my world without him in it.
oh, and i got my hair cut yesterday. short and sassy. not unlike myself.
cords
cords
cords
cords
cords
happy birthday, isaiah :)
baby
bday
details:
blouse-vintage
shorts-thrifted
shoes-vintage

12 comments:

X'tian Ou said...

love your outfit and the new hairstyle:)

Second Skin said...

This post warms my heart. Like so much that little bits of boiling heart water will fall out of my eyes any second.

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

Aww, what a cute little boy! Those cheeks!
I can't wait to experience that amazing feeling. Congrats to you and your husband, your family is so beautiful. Oh, and your hair cut is super cute, too! :)

KristiMcMurry said...

Love your haircut! and happy birthday to little Isaiah! He's absolutely adorable in his Kindergarten gear :)

Carys said...

Your shorts are so nice, and I love your shirt!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

merl said...

You should be DAMN proud of that body mama! And of your little boy.. he's got a rocking outfit for school today ;) And your hair is the epitome of sassy.

Kimberellie said...

Your son is beautiful. And so are you! LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair. Oh, and the collar on that shirt...adore. totally adore this look.

Shea Lennon said...

Love the new hair! Isaiah is such a cutie :)

Kirstin said...

Love the new cut! I love the name Isaiah. He is so cute with his matching backpack and lunchbox!

Anonymous said...

awwww...he's adorable! (just like his mama. winkwink) love the new do, as well. :)

happy bday to your little man!

Anonymous said...

so sweet!

your haircut is great too

Idée Géniale said...

Yeah, I noticed there was something different so I kept on reading post after post and there it is, you got a hair cut. It looks adorables!

I'm really loving this simple yet classic outfit.

Oh and hope the little gyu had a great burfday!