Wednesday, September 8, 2010

it doesn't seem to matter

9-8
song of the day: 'who is it' by michael jackson
i remember when i bought the 'dangerous' cd. it was my first michael jackson album and my mom and i went up to the mall and into one of those terribly overpriced music stores. as soon as i spotted it, i grabbed it and held it to me like a prized possession. i was never a huge fan, i mean i liked him, but then again this was the early 90s and who didn't love michael jackson?! but for some reason i was really excited to buy this cd. after making my purchase, we went to get a cookie as we always did and we ran into a friend of mine. she has always been an mj megafan. i told her what i bought, and she was like 'you got dangerous??? you're gonna love it!' i felt pretty awesome. i listened to that thing nonstop for days. yep, i still have the cd and we listen to it every now and then. it's good stuff.
9-8
9-8
9-8
9-8
details:
cardigan-target
top-thrifted
shorts-vintage levi cut offs
shoes-thrifted gloria vanderbilts (i'm so fancy)
bag-vintage

4 comments:

archives vintage said...

i totally know what you mean! i remember ANY money i could get my young hands on went straight to CDs! ahhh....the good ole days :)

Kerri @ OldLadyChic said...

As soon as I read the title of your post that song popped in my head... very underrated!

Kimberellie said...

How lovely and ladylike and gorgeous you look here. I really like the proportions and the colours of this outfit. Sort of subversive with the demure top and bag and shoes and then, bam: cut offs. Love that sort of outfit, the sucker punch you with something INTERESTING outfit.

you're lovely. hey, we have a similar necklace on today...I suppose you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see mine though!

heart: Miss Furnellie

Amanda said...

Oooh, I love that pop of color in your shirt! And of course, the shorts are fabulous, but you always wear fabulous shorts!


Hehe, the first CDs I ever bought when I was little was the Spice Girls when I was 7. But I know how you felt, they were like gold to me!