Friday, October 1, 2010

i can feel it coming in the air tonight

9-30
song of the day: 'in the air tonight' by phil collins
ahhhh, friday. well, big deal cuz i'll be at my shop tomorrow, but there's still something special about the end of the week, ya know?
i have a confession to make....i'm kinda getting into fall. i know! i was so reluctant for it to come and i'm still mad when it's too cold, but the crispness in the air is kinda electric. i knew it would happen in october and looky here, it's october 1st. i'm embracing the boot wearing weather. and let me just go ahead and warn you now, you'll have to pry these babies off my cold dead feet before i'll get rid of them.
and i have a great etsy update for later today. there's some goodies in there! i'll post about it after i get them all listed. alright, go about your day. have a good one! it's friday!
9-30
9-30
9-30
9-30
9-30
details:
vest-vintage
sweats-thrifted
boots-vintage

9 comments:

chicfaced said...

first - I am going to comment here on the last few posts, if that's cool with yooouuuu.

I am excited about the prospect of the video house tour. I love what we've gotten to see of your house so far! Also, I loved the his and her blog posing. Ya'll look great together!

You rocked the denim on denim look hard, girl. I love it!

I also love that you used Phil Collins as your blog title today. For our wedding we rented a big bus to schlep people from the reception back to the hotel and that song came on the radio and it was an epic, almost famous-type singalong to that song - so fun!

Carys said...

I love the polka dots, and the trousers tucked into boots, you look lovely!! Blue really suits you too!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Lara said...

I am so into fall now. I was pretty reluctant too until I realized I could wear my boots again! I love boots. Honestly I would wear them all year if I could. Do you ever go through the tights/no tights thing too? Like, when it starts to get cold I think "Oh gosh, I have nothing to wear with tights" and when it warms up, all you can think is "Oh gosh, how am I going to wear anything without my tights?"

Kimberellie said...

Love this outfit. Esp. love the shot of you with your *ahem* backside showing. LOVE the back of the vest really...not that I don't love your backside. It's just it's more the vest I'm diggin'. I hope your backside isn't offended.

Oh, and I have some boots very much like those that are very much in need of a new sole...must resole them...because they love me...and your boots are taunting me to do so.

heart: Kimberellie

KristiMcMurry said...

Love the boots! And that is one of my favorite songs EVER. I still remember the first time I heard it.

Morgan and Lua said...

Hey I got a little behind on your blog! Happy belated Birthday!! It sounds like you had a completely successful day and avoided any birthday meltdown, so that's good. I'm a fan of taking the flip camera around for some video footage. I keep wanting to make a video but I have no idea how to edit it.

As far as this outfit goes, well done. Tall brown boots are a huge staple in my fall wardrobe as well. I like your hair in that low bun, is it hard to do because it's so short...or easy because it's short...

C said...

This is just so fantastic. I love that you've worn that lovely vest as a top!

Venn said...

ohhhmy! i loveee lovee the vest! prettyyy! :D

xoxo

Anonymous said...

love love love, amanda. you look so classic and chic. i'm with you on the boot thing...once it gets colder here (still waiting, gah!) i'll probably be sleeping in my boots.

well, that would be weird, so probably not really.

havea wonderful weekend! can't wait to see your shop update. :)

xo, paige