Tuesday, October 19, 2010

in the early morning rain

10-19
song of the day: 'early morning rain' by peter paul & mary
it rained all night and it's raining now, but i got a break in the showers just long enough to take my photos this morning. i love how the damp makes the bark on the trees darker and the leaves deeper and the sky moodier. i still will always prefer the sunshine, but there is something magical about a rainy autumn day. now if only i could just cozy up on the couch with a blanket, a movie, and my coffee mug all afternoon! that would definitely be magical.
and i want you all to know that i have some fantastic customers that come in my shop. last week, one of my favorite girls came in with this dress. she bought it from another vintage store and wore it but thought it wasn't quite her style. i took one look and knew it was most definitely MY style. i bought it from her and then she ended up buying two sweaters and a belt from me! now that's a good business transaction.
10-19
10-19
10-19
10-19
10-19
10-19
details:
dress-vintage, bought from a customer
boots-you all are quite familiar with these

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that dress, looks great with the gray tights and boots.

Laura

archives vintage said...

wow, that dress is fantastic! what a lucky break. loving your hair, girl! its s subtle change, but looks awesome. perfect for this season!

Rosie said...

That dress is totally you! So funny how that all worked out!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I always love your song of the day. They are so much fun. This outfit definitely is you completely. It suits you perfectly!!!

Desiree said...

I swear it is like your body was made to wear vintage. Most times I feel as if I look like I'm dressing up when I wear it. You just look so natural. I love it!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful dress on you--what a deal!

Katie Aman said...

I LOVE your hair-it's so curly and fun! I sometimes look at people with hair like yours and just want to chop mine off! But I'm a chicken :) Looks great on you though!

KristiMcMurry said...

Beautiful dress! I hope I travel your way at some point because I desperately want to come by your store. haha...I hope that's not creepy.

Pagan Baby http://paganbabyvintage.wordpress.com/ said...

Amazing dress so good combined! you look great!

Anonymous said...

Brown boots and grey tights...So easy and chic!