Wednesday, October 6, 2010

i've got your heart in my sights

heart
song of the day: 'don't go breaking my heart' by elton john and kiki dee
i've been wanting to take a photo in front of this spray painted heart for so long! I was a bit disappointed when the video that matt did with isaiah (that i posted a few days ago) started with him in front of the heart, but then i thought that heart equals love and decided that we could all share the graffiti happily, so i got over it. anyway, it's in the alley across from the dumpsters by my shop and it makes taking out the trash a bit more enjoyable. it's happy vandalism. it isn't vulgar or ugly. it's a pretty little heart :)
heart
heart
heart
details:
dress-vintage, thrifted
shoes-jessica simpson, thrifted

15 comments:

archives vintage said...

i love it! the only graffiti by my trash is gang writing! :(

anne said...

so rad! almost as rad as the elton john song! every time i hear it, i have to sing along :D

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I love that the heart was trying to show love over the hate symbol nazi sign. Tis a shame that Hitler ruined an asian symbol for peace by changing it up like he did.

I love your super cute shoes!

C said...

I love that graffiti!! So happy and lovely. And I love your comfy-looking ensemble!

Kristin said...

i like the look of your blog. i love posing with graffiti too.

-Kristin
atasteofthis.etsy.com
kristindeleon.wordpress.com

miss annie said...

Your blog is so inspiring! I like your style ;)

Lauren said...

I wish the graffiti here was that nice... You look too cute, I love the tunic/dress, it looks comfy :)

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i love this - that heart is adorable!

Anthea said...

The spray-painted heart is so cute! Great idea to pose in front of it. I love your outfit very much!

Rebecca Maureen said...

An amazing place to take a picture matches the amazing outfit.

Robyn said...

You are so my style crush right now. That makes me feel awkward... like when you get all blushy around your real crush. I think it has to do with your use of vintage and your voluminous hair. Also, we are totally matchy matchy today. I am wearing a maxi skirt the color of your dress, with a black tank. I feel like maybe I am weirding you out now. I'm going to stop typing now.

Amanda said...

Ah! Totally love this outfit! And the graffiti heart. AND your headband. Pretty much everything rocks hehe.

xx

Meggstatus said...

Oh my gosh you look so darling. I love that someone chose to spray paint a heart, it's so pretty!

XO
Megg

Annebeth said...

I want a graffiti heart on my wall! so cute! love your sweet little tunic dress and flats, and your headband is adorable!

Kimberellie said...

You look lovely. Really, just lovely. The tunic dress is something different for you (at least it seems so to me) and you just look awesome.

heart: Kimberellie