Thursday, October 14, 2010

set way back in the middle of a field

dirt road
song of the day: 'love shack' by the b-52's
doesn't this dirt road look so serene and peaceful? you would really think so if you'd have seen the group of deer grazing in the grass a little further up the road. i couldn't get a good view of them from where i was or i'd have taken a picture. i didn't want to disturb their breakfast though. it was awfully chilly on this dirt road as well. we even had some frost this morning. really? frost? it's a bit too early in the year for that business, but frost there was.
this road is right in front of the farm house that matt and his friends rented for a couple years in college. boy did we have some fun parties then! it wasn't quite as peaceful out there on a friday or saturday night. on any given weekend, we would have dance parties out on the patio that would last long into the night. it really was the perfect party location. not many houses around to get annoyed with the noise and extra traffic. lots of trees surrounding the house for privacy. we had lights strung up and we'd blast salsa music and grill and have a few (or more) drinks. ahhh, good times. :)
dirt road
dirt road
dirt road
dirt road
dirt road
details:
dress-vintage
boots-vintage

16 comments:

Kate said...

love this dress. Pretty pretty.

archives vintage said...

gosh i can't wait to see you as a redhead!!! :D

Second Skin said...

These areas you have been taking pictures lately are absolutely beautiful! I just love your blog lady. You are on my list still of people I HAVE TO come visit and meet. Where was that again? Algeria?? just kidding.. ;)

Snappy-Q said...

I am so loving these new photo locations! It is so pretty in your town. And I love that your hubby lived out in the country, it sounds like you guys had lots of fun in the college years!
And that dress is lovely.

Rosie said...

Love the dress! And you saw deer? I love deer! So much so I have one tatooed on my wrist. Lucky!

Kristin said...

what a nice dress!

-Kristin
atasteofthis.etsy.com
kristindeleon.wordpress.com

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

aaahh I don't want to think of the wintertime just yet either. That dress is really cute.

Julie said...

Love your look today! Very cute dress..looks super comfy!

Kimberellie said...

Cuter than cute in this dress cutie! Love the location too! Oh, and those parties do sound like fun!

Ah, I remember being young (ie. before baby!). I can't recall the last time I stayed up into the wee smas dancing!

heart: Kimberellie

Nicole Martin said...

Gorgeous! I love being out and taking pictures early in the morning... I've seen deer, wild turkeys, lots of squirrels, and even a little mole one morning :)

~Nicole
http://employedpanache.blogspot.com

C said...

Love these pictures, LOVE that dress!

Bay Sandoval said...

GORGEOUS!

Amanda said...

Love these pictures! You look gorgeous in the morning light, something I can never manage. I always look like an angry bush baby before 12.

Oh, and I think that belt is just fabulous. So unique but it really completes the look!

Pagan Baby http://paganbabyvintage.wordpress.com/ said...

So cute dress! blue suits you!

Sanny said...

The dress is so pretty! It goes so well with the belt and black boots! Don't mention the tights! I like your style!

Have a good one! (:

Sanny's Head to Heart

KristiMcMurry said...

Such a cute dress! Sounds like you had great college days :) For some reason I had my fun times in high school...when I wasn't supposed to. I didn't really do much when I was in college. ha!