Tuesday, November 23, 2010

catch a magic moment

11-22
song of the day: 'right now' by van halen
i know! i'm totally wearing leggings as pants! but whatever, it was comfortable. mondays are my lounge days, and i put this on after my long run to go to the store real quick and pick up the kiddo from school. i mostly wanted to show off my 'new' eastland boots that i got last week. i had some similar to these back in middle school. i think it's funny how i have completely reverted back to how i dressed when i was in 6th grade. not terribly fashion forward, but i'm just loving it! makes me feel young again.
and i started the pledge link list over in the sidebar. these are the blogs who have already put the badge up, if i missed you, please let me know! i don't want to leave anyone out.
now i will be out of town for the holiday but will be back on friday because i have a special post planned for that day. i hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving, and for those of you who don't celebrate, i would just ask that you'd take time to be thankful anyway :) be safe everybody!
11-22
11-22
11-22
11-22
11-22
and this is a banner from elsie at a beautiful mess. please consider buying local on black friday! it really does make a difference :)
Picture 2
details:
vest-vintage
tee-american apparel
leggings-walmart
socks-urban outfitters
shoes-thrifted, eastland

5 comments:

Alyspank said...

Leggings as pants tends to rub me the wrong way.. but it really works for you! You've got the longer (almost dress length) shirt, so it looks way more chic than some of the other versions of the look I have seen.

This entire outfit seems really warm and cozy to me- just beautiful!

Alyssa

http//:beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

Pagan Baby http://paganbabyvintage.wordpress.com/ said...

I love your waistcoat and the way you wear it! cool!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

funny that you mention about dressing as you did in 6th grade. There was a boy in the youth group I help lead who dressed soooo much like how I remember people dressed in about 1993/1994 and I told him that. He said, "well this is the style right now. everything cycles at some point." I just thought it was sooooo strange because I think my one brother dressed exactly the same when he was a teen in the early-mid 90s.

Zoƫ said...

Oh, I like this a lot.

And I like that you feel young again! Especially in those incredible boots!

I myself do not buy anything on Black Friday.

1. I'm terrified.
2. Weren't we just super grateful for what we have? Like- yesterday?
3. America is the last place that needs a fucking 'holiday' devoted to consumerism + materialism.
4. Be with your families, guys. Not at WalMart.

Oh, to be American in America.

.Haiku

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comments you leave me.
It is interesting because a couple years ago my church asked ME to create the directory photos and I said, "only if I do outdoor only shots" and they wanted the whole sit down studio stuff so they just waited until now to finally get the directories. HAHA. Their loss. we could have had a really cool directory.