Monday, March 21, 2011

that's what she said

70smodel9
you guys didn't know i could look so good, huh? you wanna know my secret? well, i don't think that would be fair. but i will say that merl took some pretty rad photos of me on our trip to austin. i literally couldn't post these fast enough! she's pretty much a flippin genius. and i love that she named these photos '70s model.' makes me blush EVERY TIME!
so these were taken on a break during the conference day of TxSCC. the weather had been so very warm the day before, but sunday was cloudy, windy, and a bit cool. perfect time for me to whip out the LEATHER shirt i bought while shopping on congress ave. seriously, i do believe this thing was made for me. and the best part was that it was on the clearance rack. 50% off. heck yes.
70smodel6
70smodel4
i STILL can't wrap my head around how awesome that weekend was. truly spectacular. will you guys promise me that if you weren't able to make it this year that you'll be there next year? please? you won't regret it.
and i wanna give a shout out to tree and kimball! yes, you were represented at a blogger conference. does this make you want to blog????????
70smodel10
70smodel11
70smodel2
details:
dress, LEATHER shirt, oxfords-vintage
right hand ring-clyde's rebirth

19 comments:

Carys said...

These pictures are great, your hair looks amazing!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

C said...

True story. These photos are GORGEOUS.

KristiMcMurry said...

DANG GIRL. Gorgeous :) I love love love the necklace. I just bought a piece from her the other day and I can't wait to wear it! I really love that jacket paired with the dress. Perfect combo.

Anonymous said...

what a find, that shirt! at first i thought it was a jacket, but it's even cooler that it's a shirt.

Anonymous said...

my mouth literally dropped open when i saw that first photo! you truly are a 70's dream! and that shirt is beyond stellar. such a great find! and a perfect pairing with that dress. you are quickly becoming my go to gal to look for inspiration. :)
xoxo
cayce

Anonymous said...

hottie!!!! And you're smiling!! hehe great pictures by Merl and you are a cutie pie Amanda!

The Semi Sweet said...

You are so pretty anyways, but Merl definitely captured a different tone in your photos! Her photography is off the chain:)

And that leather shirt looks so good on you. Especially the way you mixed it up with the black dress.

**And hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.

Anonymous said...

You DO look gorgeous! And yet, I'm pretty sure this is exactly what you look like in real life. Merl is an excellent photographer: she showed the world how pretty you are to people who see you in the flesh. :)

I'm still obsessed w that leather shirt. YAY for the sale room!! Well, I guess it was more of a hallway...

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

These photos are amazing of you!!!! I love them!! really beautiful job and I am glad you had such a great weekend.

Unknown said...

You are so beautiful! Geez! You really do look like a 70s model. What awesome photos.

And the leather shirt is just too much! That's definitely one of those pieces whose novelty value somehow just makes it the coolest thing ever.

I've missed reading your blog! I'm happy to be back in the game :)

xoxo
Sophi

Amanda said...

Oh, these photos are amazing! I love them. And I totally agree...that shirt was MADE for you! Really love it paired with the dress.

Have a great week!
xx

Anonymous said...

wow you do look fantastic! i especially love your dress!!

xoxo

everydaydose.blogspot.com

Jessie @ Style and Pepper said...

STUNNING!!!! love the leather shirt, and super jeally that i didn't get to go vintage shopping with you gals... come to kc so we can shop together!!!!

Anonymous said...

Merl did a fantastic job with the photos. And the leather shirt--too good.

amy said...

You have lovely lovely hair.
The shape is so eye pleasing **

love amy ^.^
www.amyflyingakite.com

islabell said...

Ahhhhh. That leather (!!!) shirt is just perfect with your oxfords.

You look so pretty in these photos, i especially love the last one. The TxSCC sounded amazing. I'm glad you guys all had fun.

x

Robyn said...

LOVE. Your outfit is amazing. Black and brown combos can be so chic when done right, and this is very right. However, I am CRAZY obsessed with your hair in these shots. I am going through a weird hair transition right now, and I miss my big curls. I may just stare longingly at your head for the next month or so until mine come back. Please don't be too weirded out.

Kimberellie said...

These photos ARE awesome. And you do look like a 70s model. Wow wow ee....gorgeous you!! And I ADORE that outfit...just adore! And your hair...sigh...LOVE it. I can't wait to get my curly hair back (long!).

But yes, fricken' awesome. And the shirt, awesome. Total awesomeness times ten.

heart: Kimberellie

Anonymous said...

simply fabulous. that merl does good things with her awesome camera.

p.s. i downloaded your app today :)