Monday, July 11, 2011

7 eleven

7.9
so you guys got a sneaky peek of this outfit when i showed off my hair cut the other day (which i still LOVE). i typically don't like myself in blazers. i don't know what it is precisely, but i think that they usually don't fit my shoulders right or something. i look like i have a small head. anyway, this is from my friend's grandma's estate and i love its shrunken, wrinkley fit. i'm a sucker for a cropped sleeve too. so instead of wearing it as a true blazer, i wore it as a shirt! why not, right? the only thing is that it did get pretty toasty saturday afternoon in a car with no a/c and leather seats and i couldn't just take off my blazer to cool down a bit.....
have a happy slurpee day!
7.9
7.9
7.9
7.9
details:
blazer-vintage
shoes-urban outfitters
bag-dooney and bourke
hair cut-by me!!!!!

13 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I loveeee the little whisps hanging in your hair. they add so much of your character!!

Anonymous said...

i am amazed that you created that hairdo yourself! i won't even attempt to cut my own bangs! :) i love the shape of it and especially the longer part in the front..sassy!
i am the same way about blazers but this one looks great on you!! i can imagine it was hot though..in my town it's a heat index of 104 today!!!

Anonymous said...

that blazer is a win! and it will go with everything. vintage blazers never fit me, either. they always look kind of slouchy/weird on me.

Katie Dodd said...

so super cute! it does fit you perfectly. and those shorts are to die. head to toe - love it. and i love slurpees. i used to have at least two a day in high school when i lived within walking distance. now...hardly ever :(

Think Twice Style said...

I love love love this blazer on you! The short hair balances out the boxy of the blazer. I love that the collar is popped... it gives it a little flair :)

Anonymous said...

I really think the blazer look good, no tiny head :) But can I just say that I love love love your shoes?! And I can't believe you cut your own hair and it turned out so well! I should probably never be brave enough to do that unless I like the fighting with a lawn mower look for my hair. Let's just say I don't think cutting my own hair would go as well as it did for you. Great job :)

callie said...

Ooo I really love that blazer. It looks so cool paired with those casual shorts.

Also, your hair is AMAZING! I can't get over the fact that you did it yourself. Genius.

islabell said...

that blazer looks great on you...especially with your new new awesome haircut!!!

Loving those african print shorts too.

x

Unknown said...

I loooove those shorts x

Anonymous said...

Love this look. Menswear inspired, but feminine.
Van // The Clothes We Wear
Wearing motherhood with style.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

I'm officially in love with your hair & shorts. x hivenn

Monique said...

I love this outfit. Those shorts are so bold and I love how you neutralized with the white blazer and awesome spectator shoes.

Anonymous said...

oh, I like the idea of a blazer as shirt...perhaps in late September or October.