Saturday, July 9, 2011

gettin' things done

hair
so as some of you know, i cut my hair yesterday! i had to do it. grab the bull by the horns, seize the day, that sort of thing. i went out on the deck and started chopping away. i knew what i wanted, it was just a matter of execution. and i was determined to do it all myself. and let me tell you, it's pretty empowering.
i won't lie, doing the back was kinda tough and i did manage to scissor my thumb, but i feel like i've grabbed a hold of my independence. forget burning bras, ladies, this is liberation!!!!!!
hair

5 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

That looks great! Super impressed that you did that yourself. My hair is straight across and I can barely cut it without making a mess...I would totally butcher layers! Seriously, amazing job.

jessie said...

wow this looks so good! i love your hair- i am very impressed!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

And what a spectacular job! you look lovely. Great glasses too!!!

the other emily said...

Oh, I love it! Super flattering, and it looks like it was done by a pro! I cut my own hair twice in college, once from waist-length to chin-length, and then again up to a super-short pixie - and you're right, it feels totally liberating to just DO it!

the other emily said...

(Now, want to fly over to Berlin and do mine?)