Sunday, December 11, 2011

fayetteville half

a few hours ago, i finished my 3rd half marathon!!!  it was a beautiful day for a race and i was pretty happy with how i ran.  running is such a big deal to me.  and really, i enjoyed every mile this morning :)
packet pickup
last night we went to go pick up my race packet with my number and chip timer.  then we walked around the downtown fayetteville square and enjoyed the pretty christmas lights.
getting ready
it was SO cold this morning so we sat in the car for a bit before heading over to the start line.
me and shelley
a friend of mine ran this race too.  it was fun to see a familiar face there!
christmas socks
i wore my penguin christmas socks because i like to be in the spirit and stuff.
the start
heading out on my 13.1 miles!
mcdonnell field
we got to run around the john mcdonnell track at the university of arkansas to finish.  they have such a great and iconic track team.  it was pretty cool to go on a victory lap at the end.
track
final stretch
finished
another race in the books.  finished with a time of 1:51:08, 4th in my age division and 13 female overall finisher.  not such a bad sunday run.
gf beer
a gluten free beer to celebrate. soooooooo tasty :)

No comments: